Saturday 8 April 2017

Cinderella's Wedding

Welcome to Sally's book-a-day-for-2017 blog. If unfamiliar with the blog, scroll down.

Cinderella's Wedding (Post 98)

Cinderella's Wedding (2001) is a picture book that happened in reverse. Instead of me coming up with a story, writing the text and sending it for consideration, the publisher approached me with the concept. This has happened just a few times in my writing career, but this time it turned out rather well. It is in no way the story of Cinderella retold, but a fairy tale wedding story telling about the guests, all of whom are familiar fairy tale characters.
   It's told in part rhyme, with the three pigs being curly whirly, ever so twirly.
   It was fun. It's been out of print for a long time now, but ever so often someone gets in touch wondering if I have spare copies. (I haven't.)

About the Blog 
Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service, post a comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading